Independence day in India is considered to be the annual celebration of the particular day in which our country gained freedom from the British rule. That was a historic day for the entire nation as it was made possible due to the huge contribution made by the freedom fighters.
So, all the Indians are involved in celebrating this day annually to remember all the heroes who helped a lot to gain Independence for our country India.
You can also check out- Independence Day Quotes, Sayings, And Messages In 2020
History Of The Indian Independence Day
The East India Company ruled India for more than 100 years. In the year 1757, the British entered India by winning the Battle Of Plassey. Also, India started its first rebellion against British rule in the year 1957, and soon, the entire country united against the foreign rule.
The freedom struggle of India has inspired the entire world as it was considered to be the most non-violent campaigns in the entire world. Also, the freedom fighters who specifically lead the freedom movement are known for their devotion not just in India but all over the world.
Independence Day Of India: Dates
It was the 15th of August, 1947 in which independence was gained by the country at midnight.
After that, the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru delivered a great speech which started with the following words, “At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.”
But, it was unfortunate for the whole country that on that particular day, India was divided into two separate countries i.e. India and Pakistan.
Facts Related To The Independence Day
- The country of India is named after the river Indus.
- This year i.e. 2020, India is going to celebrate its 74th Independence Day.
- India had only one female president.
- The space program of India is considered to be one of the top five space programs in the entire world.
- India had only one female prime minister.
- Tiger is the national animal of India.
- The country of India is known to be the 7th largest country in the entire world.
- India is the largest democracy in the world.
- The national flower of India is the Lotus.
So, each year, this particular day is observed by all the Indians which reflects the struggle of the freedom fighters and all our national heroes to gain freedom against British rule.